The Procurement Manager is accountable for the procurement work stream of Global Product Development System (GPDS) process and R&D activities through supplier development and selection process to ensure optimized time to market, best value delivery while meeting business requirements in terms of financial targets, quality, delivery, regulatory, contracting and compliance requirements. This role will work in alignment with global and regional sourcing teams as well as cross-functional teams to drive the sourcing strategy for the assigned business pipeline of (innovation-) projects.
- Responsible for partner relationships with assigned product development teams, engineering and procurement associates.
- Responsible for crafting and managing, Development Agreements, SOW, Supply Agreements, Master Service Agreements, among others related with new project development.
- Build and elaborate Make vs. Buy analysis with a cross functional team
- Define business requirements based on business unit vision.
- Coordinate and acquire CDA, RFI, RFQ, Cost Model, Clean Sheet and Cost estimation for each project.
- Supervise and formalize (long-term) supplier performance, identifying gaps, initiating improvement opportunities, developing mitigation measures and performing Cost of Goods roadmap.
- Identify main vendor risks for the sites or business platform; develop and implement mitigation plans once vetted by the business to ensure balanced business growth
- Implement (new) product development activities such as commercial aspects of supplier qualification and supplier development in close collaboration with R&D, cross-functional operations teams as well as category/procurement teams.
- Supporting in prototype samples for specific projects as needed.
- Responsible for leading the procurement project results and for integrating the appropriate sourcing and procurement activities into the R&D project.
- Improves BD's financial position through procurement related project results, cost savings, non-price value opportunities and risk mitigation impacting R&D and New Product Development teams.
- Represents all aspects of Procurement at Core Team meetings.
- BD has a Hybrid working model in place for this role whereby you can work 4 days per week from home and 1 day per week in the office;
- 38 holidays per year;
- A very good salary;
- A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day;
- You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
- You are hard-working and likes to lead change in a highly dynamic, steadily growing business environment and you hold at least a Bachelor Degree or Masters in Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain or equivalent. You take with you extensive experience in Project Management, Supplier Management Practises and you speak fluently Dutch and English.
- In this role you will be able to travel 10-20% of your time.
- International exposure and work experience abroad is desirable.
- Experience in medical technology, healthcare or pharmaceutical industry as an advantage.
Deze vacature precies wat je zoekt?
Reageer vandaag nog en wie weet start jij binnenkort bij je nieuwe baan!